DB2 Training – Best DB2 Training Institute in Chennai
If you are searching for the best DB2 training in Chennai then you have come to the correct place, Upshot technologies in Chennai. Because, we are the Best training centre in teaching DB2 in Chennai
About DB2 UDB:
- Db2 is a family of database-server products developed by IBM.
- Initially they are platform-specific but in 1990s, IBM started developing common Db2 which can run on multiple platforms.
- First product was DB2 in 1983 which can run only on MVS mainframe platform.
- Latest release was on April 2016 which was Db2 Data server (11.1).
- Db2 Universal Database is one of Db2 products but can run on many platforms as the name suggests.
- Db2 UDB is also called as Db2 LUW because it can run on Linux, UNIX and Windows platform.
- Current Db2 version runs on many UNIX distributions such as Red Hat Linux, SUSE Linux, IBM AIX, HP-UX and Solaris and on most of Microsoft windows OS.
- It has both data-sharing and data-partitioning facilities to support OLTP workloads and large data warehouses.
Supports ACID properties, XML and NoSQL.
Upshot Technologies is the No. 1 training institute in Chennai and has been providing the best DB2 DBA training with so much success and reputation. There are many unique qualities in our training to make it as the best DB2 DBA training in Chennai and some of them are listed below:
- Both weekday and weekend batches suitable for college students and IT professionals.
- Inexpensive fees structure affordable by people from all walks of life.
- In-house developed quality study materials which are simple, clear and worthy.
- Guidance to get the official certifications from IBM.
- Corporate training and special 1-to-1 training are available as per request.
DB2 DBA Training
Overview of DB2 9.7 on Windows
- Contrast the DB2 Family of products
- Identify the DB2 Tools
- Functions of DB2 components
- Explore installation and parameters
Command Line Processor (CLP) & GUI Usage
- Use the Command Line Processor
- Explore the GUI environment
- Describe the DAS role with GUI tools
The DB2 Environment
- Key features of an Instance
- Create and drop an Instance
- Use db2start and db2stop
- Distinguish b/w types of Config.
- Describe and modify the Database Manager Configuration
Creating Databases and Data Placement
- Creating a Database.
- Explore system Catalog tables, views
- Compare DMS Vs SMS table Spaces.
- Database with Automatic Storage.
- Differentiate between table spaces, containers, extents, and pages
- Define table spaces
- Get snapshot for table spaces
- Explore Database Config. Parameter.
Creating Database Objects
- List DB2 object hierarchy and physical directories & files
- Creating objects: Schema, Table, View, Alias, and Index
- Explore the use of table partitioning
- Review the use of Temporary Tables
- Implementation of Check Constraints, Referential Integrity and Triggers
- Exploring the use of Large Objects
- Discuss the INSERT statement and Recognize its limitations
- Explain the differences between IMPORT and LOAD
- Explain the EXPORT, IMPORT, and LOAD syntax
- Create and use Exception Tables and Dump-Files
- Distinguish and Resolve Table States: Load Pending and Set Integrity Pending
- Use the SET INTEGRITY command
- Discuss the db2move and db2look commands
Backup And Recovery
- Describe the major principles and methods for backup and recovery
- State the three types of recovery used by DB2
- Explain the importance of logging for backup & recovery
- Describe how data logging takes Place –circular & archival logging
- Use the BACKUP, RESTORE, and ROLLFORWARD commands
- Perform a table space backup and recovery
- Restore a database to the end of logs or to a point-in-time
- Backup and recovery scenarios
Locking And Concurrency
- Explain why locking is needed
- List objects that can be locked
- Describe and discuss the various lock modes and their compatibility
- Explain four different levels of data protection
- Set isolation level and lock time out for current activity
- Explain lock conversion & escalation
- Describe causes of Deadlocks
- Collect information for problem analysis and resolution
- Use error logs for basic problem analysis
- Describe four types of monitors: Snapshot Monitor, Event Monitor, Activity Monitor and Health Monitor
- Basic commands to better work with connections and Sessions
- Retrieve statistics and information from a running DB2 instance
Application Issues and Performance
- Prepare applications that access DB2 data for execution
- Describe the application alternatives available to access DB2 data
- Define the concept of clustering, and determine the proper cluster sequence
- Use RUNSTATS, REORGCHK, and REORG to enhance application performance
- Work with the EXPLAIN facility
- Use Access Control Mechanisms to implement database security
- Use group IDs to create a control hierarchy
- Describe Label Based Access Control
- Describe privileges within a database
- Describe privileges required for binding and executing a package
- Describe the difference between explicit privileges & implicit privileges
- Describe the different level of authorization
BM is providing three official certifications related to DB2 database administrators. The names of the certifications are listed below.
- IBM Certified Database Associate – DB2 11.1 Fundamentals for LUW
- IBM Certified Database Administrator – DB2 11.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows
- IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator – DB2 10.1 for Linux UNIX and Windows
With our DB2 DBA training and the guidance from our experts, you can easily clear the exam and obtain the above three certifications. Our experts will be with you the whole through the process and help you register for exam, prepare for it and finally clear the exam to get your certification. But, you will not require these certifications to get a job in IBM DB2 UDB domain because you are studying the best DB2 DBA training in Chennai and our placement team will help you get placed as soon as you complete our DB2 DBA training. This is one of the perks of studying at the best training institute in Chennai.
After completing the best DB2 DBA training at Upshot technologies in Chennai, you will have lots of career opportunities waiting for you from all over the world. You can choose the company that you want to work. Some of the job positions you can apply for, are listed below:
- DB2 Database Administrator
- Data Architect (DB2 DBA)
- Lead Administrator (Database Infrastructure)
- DB2 DBA (LUW)
For those who are working, you can get promotions or switch to a high-paying job in other companies. Some other career opportunities are teaching DB2 UDB at institutes or online. Placement support at the best DB2 DBA training institute in Chennai,is the best in the world.
Best IT training institute in Chennai with Placement
“You don’t have to believe our words that name Upshot technologies as the Best IT training institute in Chennai but you have to believe the words of our students which are spoken from the experience they had from our training.